jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

I have an Ampeg G212 100 watt solid state guitar amplifier

Customer Question

I have an Ampeg G212 100 watt solid state guitar amplifier that does not turn on anymore. I tried adjusting a potentiometer that I had been told was for setting the bias, but it blew the amp. I think it messed up the power amp since the potentiometer was right before that stage. Is there anything that I can do with an oscilloscope to determine the extent of the problem?
The variable resistor is R 212 notated as bias adjust
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi Mike and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Very familiar and have worked on and repaired tube amps. Solid state amps are another thing. I'm not as schooled on transistors, other than de-soldering and replacing them.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Great on the DIY (do-it-yourself) repair.Is the G-212 completely/electrically dead?