ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.

I have a see burg hm100b jukebox. it is in excellent electronic

Customer Question

i have a see burg hm100b jukebox. it is in excellent electronic and mechanical condition...i very recently had the electronics fine tuned. the problem is there is no sound...the selector works...the pickup plays the record..i can hear it from the stylus...but no amplified sound from the speakers...all tubes are tested and good...the selectors speak to the mechanical just won't emit sound...any suggestions...??
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.
Hi there!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete...I have a seeburg hm100b jukebox...the electronics have been restored...both the audio amp and the selector receiver seem to be working...however when a record is selected and contact is made w/ the stylus no sound is emitted...I have checked the stylus cartridge for connectivity and it is secure...please help if more information is required please let me know thank you.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.
If you haven't already replaced the stylus cartridge, then you may need to do this - even though it is making contact, it may be defective.If that doesn't work, test the voltage getting to the speakers and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi pete...i have recently updated the needles in the cartridge...i rechecked the connectivity of the is secure and looks to be in excellent condition but i will order another...i did not check the voltage to the speakers but when i disconnect the cap from the 6j7 tube i get energetic feedback from the speakers...but no music...i will check voltages to the speakers in the morning...thanks for the assistance...
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.
Ok let me know how it goes...
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi pete i have just finished changing the stylus cartridge...and used a multimeter to determine if there was juice to the speakers...there is...i can hear faint feedback or amp buzz at the speaker itself...the resistance was between 10 and 7...i am not the sharpest tool in the shed when attempting to troubleshoot...thanks for checking in...what's next...??
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.
There will always be resistance at the speaker, however is it receiving power (voltage)? If so, how much?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi i checked the output at the amp speaker terminal..and at the speaker...the reading on the ac setting 2 on a scale up to 700 the out put was .043...which i assume signals some kind of issue...thanks...
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.
It will be DC voltage - can you check on the DC setting?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
checked the dc setting...the multimeter on dc 20m indicated there is no current to the speaker...checked at the amp speaker terminals and speaker...
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.
Ok, so there is no current getting to the speaker?If there is no current coming out of the amp then the amp is suspect.