Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Technics Mini baby electric piano.(New in 1993) Buzzing

Customer Question

I have a Technics Mini baby electric piano.(New in 1993) Buzzing from speakers when pushing on /off button. Sound sporatically worked for the last month. Now no sound and display shows no words or function. Wonder if I'm trying to save something that is a lost cause??
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
The only aspect of your situation that would lead me to possibly agreeing with it being a lost cause is that these are very hard to get parts for, even if you diagnose the problem. The parts have not been made in a very long time, and you aren't likely to find them. However, if you can diagnose this to the board level, and at.least identify the bad component, there is someone I know in the UK that does board level repair. I'd have to find his info - but in the end, it's a fairly expensive process and one that doesn't guarantee a result. So, if you think that upgrading to a new piano is an acceptable option, then I would consider this the perfect opportunity. If you decide to go the other route, let me know and I will find his info. It will take a little while because I haven't been in contact in a while.