Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

What fuse is in a Soundcraft UI 12?

Customer Question

What fuse is in a Soundcraft UI 12?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi Chris and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, no externally accessible fuse on the unit itself.Still, have you:• checked the AV AC adapter?• exercised the On/Off switch?• checked for a possible fuse in the AC plug of the power cord?• performed a RESET?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes to the first three. Can't do #4 because there is no power getting to the console at all. The moment has passed as I have now gone to the venue and collected the console and will now examine and fix it and take it back. I was hoping to fix it on the spot by taking the correct fuse with me to save a second trip. Thanks for your assistance. No more help is needed.
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Appreciate the post back and your kind understanding.This would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs. I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. I have now fixed the problem
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Great Chris! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations. Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to exchange information.