Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I'm minutes before a performance and my Kurzweil PC2 powers

Customer Question

I'm minutes before a performance and my Kurzweil PC2 powers up and gives me a "running engine" message!! HELP!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Instrument Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
That's it. It powers up and stops at 'running engine" and won't let me play.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Instrument Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Instrument Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try going to Global, right-arrow to Reset, press Enter, then press Enter again to confirm. Note: if you can do this, it may wipe stored configurations from the PC2's memory. In default of that, try turning it Off, unplugging it from power for 1+ minutes, then turning it On again. (The error message is about firmware status... if you recently upgraded firmware, it has failed to take, or is otherwise detected as not working.)