Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Can you compare the CP 701 to the CVP 709, especially in terms

Customer Question

can you compare the CP 701 to the CVP 709, especially in terms of having a long term instrument
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. A comparison of the Specifications for each model reveals that the triple-higher price of the CVP-709, gives you:1. genuine wood in the keysand2. more of many things that are electronic... the 709 can fill a larger space, having twice as much wattage (very roughly speaking) in its audio amplifiers. The 709 can store more songs, can record in MPG not just in WAV format, and pretty much etcetera. Is the 709 worth three times the purchase price? - Yes, if filling a larger space with sound, and storing more songs matters.- No, unless genuine wood in the (white) keys is genuinely less likely to be damaged over long periods. This depends upon whether the 709 is ever exposed to dampness / spills / etc. If never exposed to dampness nor rain nor spills, the keyboard might last a bit longer before needing repairs. This is crucial when moving it: never except on dry days or dry weeks.