Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Tape won't eject,"loading Err" display. Tascam DA-40 JA:

Customer Question

Tape won't eject,"loading Err" display. Tascam DA-40
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Instrument Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Tape try opened,tape loaded in,.Loading Err display. No other action possible
JA: Anything else I can tell the Instrument Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Cover was off to observe machanism,All belt looks good.had tape tray loose to attempt ejet tape. Once sucesfull. Problem still exist-tape in "loading err" display.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Instrument Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Most of the time a tape drive or cassette drive that won't function right, needs some cleaning.This can be head cleaning if the problem is a read (or write) problem, but in this case, it would probably mean cleaning the transport rollers that drive the tape along. Cleaning of this sort is best done (without touching the heads! which can be quite sensitive) by firmly wiping the transport rollers with cotton swabs or cotton waste moistened lightly with unscented rubbing alcohol. In this case, also check whether the motors are working and are activating. If motors don't activate, normal running of the tape, and/or normal ejection of it, will not be possible. (Note: my information on this Tascam device is not thorough. I presume it has a normal cassette tape drive, but if by chance it is a DAT / digital audio tape device, then forget all of the above, or most of it... digital tape drives are not to be handled with impunity nor clumsiness, and their maintenance and repair is best left to professional technicians with professional equipment for the purpose.)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Asnswering with seek professional is not really helpfull ! Not happy at all.
Since my best initial effort does not seem helpful, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other professionals in this category.