Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Howto relocate the Yamaha DGX-660 headphone jack to a better

Customer Question

howto relocate the Yamaha DGX-660 headphone jack to a better location?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The headphone jack being relocated is not just a piece of mechanical remodeling - and I am presuming you know quite well how to do that part of this modification. There are other considerations than mechanical ones: 1. The wires to the headphone jack must both be completely insulated, first of all. They mus not cross, and they must not contact other circuits. 2. It would be good if the wires to the headphone jack were twisted together. That semi-insulates their signal from getting loose in the other circuitry. 3. Also, it would be best to run the wires to the new headphone jack, as far away as possible from other circuitry, and other wires, again because their signal might get loose in other circuitry, providing odd overtones, crossovers, and possibly an unbearable feedback squeal, if this is not taken care of 4. Also, run the wires to the new headphone jack, along or against the chassis. This helps 'shield' their possible signal. So in sum, you need to see to1. insulation2. twist the pair of wires (or trio of wires??) together, in a spiral3. keep the new wires distant from other circuitry4. run the new wires along or against the chassis or metal case / outer case. What other considerations do you have in mind? or do you need information about? If this completely answers your question, please rate my answer (or indicate your rating.)