Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have an electric keyboard, with weighted keys so it looks

Customer Question

I have an electric keyboard, with weighted keys so it looks just like a piano. My daughter pulled up on the black keys and now they are staying up and not playing. Can you help or direct me to someone who might be able to help?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I will need to know what maker, and perhaps what model # ***** at least what model line, the keyboard is.For the black keys being disabled that way .... if you saw your daughter actually get them that way, you could tell perhaps how to set them right: if they were lifted up and pushed back also, then you might need to lift them upward just a trifle and then pull them back forward while lowering them... for instance.But I will need to know whether it is a Yamaha, a Casio, or one of several other brands, before I can recommend you to a good repair shop that will no doubt take care of the problem in a trice. Let me know, and let me know also, your local zip code, or town/city and state, and I will research and give you contact information for the needed servicers.