Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have MO8. Yesterday key D started playing extremely loud...never

Customer Question

I have MO8. Yesterday key D started playing extremely loud...never had this problem b4. Seems to only be loud using all Piano patches...
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That sort of problem is not too common, but in my experience, usual enough: the keyswitch or the key mechanism has a fault, for that one note, that needs taking care of.The first routine thing to try is to blow compressed air into that key, around its edges, with that key depressed, or with adjacent keys depressed (so as to let compressed air into that key as much as possible.The second thing to do is not so routine: to disassemble that key (or in some cases, it's necessary to take apart the entire keyboard assemblage) and examine, decide what's wrong from the examination, and replace what needs replacing or clean what's dirty, etc. Do you think that if the first measure fails, you are up to doing the second (disassembly examination and repair/replacement) yourself? or would you be interested in having the MO8 repaired locally? if so, let me know your local zip code, so that I can research contact information and addresses for the likelier sort of nearby repair shops for this sort of Yamaha keyboard.Let me know, please. Thanks. (Or if this is sufficient as an answer to your question, please rate my answer.)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will try these two recommendations...if not successful, I can contact you again. Would there be additional charges to find a repair person for me?
No additional charge for that. I can do that search now, if you like.