Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

What should the et rings be remote dips wswitch...I dropped

Customer Question

What should the et rings be for the remote dips wswitch...I dropped it and there is power to the remote by t it doesn't change or work
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nancy and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the device / remote control.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

There is a partial test to confirm if an infra-RED remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.

On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself.

Please post back results of camera test.