Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Trying to transfer cassette 4 track tascam mkii through my

Customer Question

trying to transfer cassette 4 track tascam mkii through my presonus audiobox in to garage band? How do i go about this? I have connected the rca line output to the audiobox by 1/4" to the main outs and usb to my mac. Opened up garage band and I have no sound out of either the audiobox or the garage band. No signal is found.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 9 months ago.

How exactly is the Tascam connected to the Mac? Are you using a USB hub?

The Tascam requires sufficient power from the USB connection to allow the Mac to see it, so if you are using a USB hub then remove it and connect the Tascam directly to the Mac. Also remove any other unneccessary USB devices from the Mac.

Let me know if that helps?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My macbook and Garageband recognized the AudioBox USB and i have no other USB devices plugged in. This is the route I have taken; From the Line Output( RCA ) to the AudioBox USB Main Out( Left and Right by 1/4" ) and then from the AudioBox USB to the macbook( by USB ). Everything turns on and works on its own. I'm just not getting sound/signal from the Garageband, but Garageband recognizes the AudioBox USB. I can only get sound if I plug straight into the AudioBox, but still no signal from Garageband. And how would I connect the Tascam 424mkII straight to the macbook?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also I have been told that I need a interface to connect the Tascam 424mkII since it is not digital to the macbook, so I may run Garageband.
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is Rusty. I'm just now seeing this question. I'm a sound engineer, do you still need help with this?