Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My headphone has stopped working on my windows 10

Customer Question

my headphone jack has stopped working on my windows 10
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Just to be sure its not the headphones or speakers, have you tried to connect a different device to the jack to see if that works?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the headphone jack on my windows 10 stopped working.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Yes I am here Ron and I replied to you, please watch this page closely for my replies.

I will repeat what I asked you

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried 3 differ headset. none of them work.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Ron

Can you in windows in the bottom right, right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices

Then click on the Headphone icon in the list and click Set as Default.

Then click ok and tell me if you now get sound please via the headphones.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not want to use the phone.
When I click on the speaker ICON at bottom right I do not get anything about headphones
I clicked on speaker Icon and found devices both
are marked as speakers and neither will work.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, you missed a few steps in my instructions Ron, please take the time to carefully follow the instructions I gave... else this will not work.

I will repeat

Not just click on the speaker icon, its more involved then this.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Lets do the remote.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, please accept the offer and I can connect and fix this for you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says I need to go to account page to update my account. Why and where is the page?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I do not know sorry Ron as I am only an engineer here, but usually its an issue with your credit card company rejecting the charge. You can call them to allow it and then try to accept the offer again.

Can you do this please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found the account page and it did not have the 3 digit code for the rear of the card So I did that but still not working,
It also wanted User name and password ***** I real need to doo that?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

yes, for this site please, if you wish, you can contact customer support on 1(###) ###-####/p>

It may seem like a hassle Ron, but its your credit card details so this all needs to be done correctly and securely, but if you contact the number for our customer support they will step you through this.