Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Roland V-Grand KR-1070 piano. I have some broken

Customer Question

I have a Roland V-Grand KR-1070 piano. I have some broken keys that need to be replaced. I have seen how to replace the parts, but I can't seem to get access. How do I get access to the keys to be able to replace the broken parts?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This video briefly describes how you first

1) unscrew all the screws from the bottom, and from the sides.

2) then the back part can be lifted back from the key bases, and the sides of the ranks of keys.

3) and that allows access to the key mechanisms and the key switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXb7KCsOG8c

is the video. The beginning particularly is what you'd need to look at.

Note: That is not a KR series. It's a smaller model by Roland. I suspect it does not match yours at all.

Advice about the KR series, states in brief, take the back off first, carefully.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have viewed this video and it is only a keyboard. The KR-1070 is a full grand piano. The video does not apply to my instrument. The back is 5 ft away from the keyboard. My concern is how to access the keys on this model.

I understand, and I admit I had severe doubts about the quality of my answer.

I simply could not find any better information. The hint I quoted at the end, refers to a KR series full-size piano-style instrument... but it's the most I could definitely find.

Shall I search further, or would you rather wait for a better-informed Expert to be available for this question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need the answer, but what you had found, I had found also.

I doubt I shall find more info on this question, so I have Opted Out, in favor of an Expert who knows the case disassembly procedure for the Roland KR-series or (specifically) KR-1070 grand piano.

(Opting Out does not cut off communication. I will still respond to an further posts of yours to this question, as needed.)

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If not, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've provided. You can always reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll be happy to continue helping.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found out how to get into the keys by myself. Thanks for trying to help. I don't need further assistance.

OK. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.