Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Casio 6250: I want to increment through the registration

Customer Question

Casio 6250: I want to increment through the registration banks during live performances without having to look up the bank and reg number, say 7-4, for quick, brainless, and smooth transition between songs and during songs. Any suggestions?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I can help you.

Your registration buttons C-8 thru C 12 are your bank registrations. You can save them to those and recall them. Each press of C8 cycles through the banks, and each press of C 9 thru C 12 will pull up your different presets in that bank.

Configure the tone you want to play. Press C 8 and use the dial to select bank 1. While holding down the C-13 store button, press C-9.

Now all you have to do is press C 8 then C 9, and it will load your preset.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you but I want to hit one button and increment through the banks without having to look it up, enter the bank, then enter the number in the bank to get what I need. I figure I could store them in order of performance, say 1-1, 1-2, etc and just increment my way up without tediously entering everything?
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Well, yes, that is the concept. You start on bank 1, and save your first song to C-9. Save your next one to C-10, 11, 12. Then you'll need to switch to bank 2, then C9, 10, 11, 12, and so on. That is how the presets are set up on this keyboard.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's what I thought. I guess I'm just too lazy to hit that extra button when it comes time to switch to the next bank :)
I was hoping there was a slicker way, maybe even with a midi foot switch or something.
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

There are ways to do it with midi, but you're looking at some pretty extensive programming that I cannot offer from here. You will only have to hit more than one button every 5th song, so twice a set.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Bye