jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

I accidentally pulled the speaker wires out of the 6 hole

Customer Question

I accidentally pulled the speaker wires out of the 6 hole plastic plug that goes into the back of my SX-PX107 Digital piano. There are only 4 wires (2 sets of two from the speakers in the lower half of the piano). With a little work I can get them back in but I don't know which of the 6 holes to plug which wires into. I could experiment but I don't want to take a chance on repeatedly pushing the connectors in and pulling them out again until I get it right. I would think that this might be a common type of speaker plug.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Instrument Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Instrument Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. Thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Instrument Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and from the repair / Service Manual, the only information available would be the pin numbers of the 4 from the 6 that the speaker wires connect to. If you have a multi-meter, then it can be tested for confirmation.

Would the above information / part of the schematic diagram serve your need please?

(A bit of a delay on my next post as would be mobile shortly.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for replying to my question! I could not find the information in the Service Manual but I did look at the wires inside where the plug goes in and I think I figured which holes I should put the four wires in.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Great! Good to hear that, congratulations.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to exchange ideas.