Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

What would be a good computer to buy with the GR55 guitar

Customer Question

What would be a good computer to buy for use with the GR55 guitar synth ?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. What will you be using the computer for? Give me a good scenario so I can narrow down your needs.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this going to cost me any more money ?
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

No, you only get charged once at the end, there are no hidden costs. I just want to give you the best answer possible, so, what are you looking to use the GR55 with?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's going through a GK3 pickup Powered by a 1X12 Mesa Boogie. The guitar is a PRS, and I'm really going to use it for fun.
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Ok, you don't need a computer with the GK3 and GR55. The GK3 is a midi pickup, and the GR55 is your controller. It's plug and play as is. If you wanted to use a computer with it, you could do complex midi recordings, or even use a midi expander module to get more sounds out of it, but you don't need anything other than the GK3, the GR55 and an amplifier.