Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How much woulda 1965 Model D By Gulbransen sell for? I

Customer Question

How much woulda 1965 Model D By Gulbransen sell for? I picked this up at an auction for 500$ since it is pristine and works wonderful and has all the manuals as well as the award winning brand I figured it was a great deal as I am aware with selling these and the market from collectors to private schools and churches small or large. I sold 3 before and it was an auction at an estate sale and in better shape than the other three along with the pedals and finish that is immaculate. I can't find any information on this model but literally have everything besides the bench. My uncle said ask 12 but I think it may even beat that since I know this brand sells for quite a bit even my 59 in this brand sold for 1500 with keys missing and the pine wasn't well kept. Please tell me what you know and maybe some ideas on who to market to. Heavy, but I don't want to sell locally and would like to at least put it in a church to a good cause if it's not worth the trouble. I'd rather ship it and pay for the shipping to a priest putting it in a church rather than sell it to someone that flips it to make money off a church. Ideas?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To some extent such unique instruments, when in good condition, sell for whatever you can make someone who really wants it, actually pay to have it.

However, you might want to seek and look in the Organ Blue Book. It could have pricing, as well as a lot of other information.

The reason I say it's a unique instrument is, in the course of 'nature', or normal use, an organ from decades ago or 1/2 century ago, deteriorates. Refurbishing may do various things to such an organ, and what it does to it varies. So it's essentially fairly unique if it is refurbed and maintained to being still in good working order. That alone raises the price - to someone who is not just looking 'to buy some organ'.

'Standard price'? anywhere from $300.00 to $X,xxx.00 - or perhaps even more, if you're selling to an affluent person with an impulse to buy unique quality (but such buyers are rare.)

In any market, you should present everything that might dispose a buyer to actually like the actual qualities of this individual case of antique and refurbishment. A sound sample, posted, of the organ playing? Photos, of course! Description, amounting to what the organ as it is can do, in the way of playing, voices, manuals, octaves, etc. etc.