Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Yamaha organ has no note sound

Customer Question

Yamaha organ has no note sound
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound of the notes is markedly reduced
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

You haven't provided a model number, but based on Yamaha Organs in general, The first thing is to check the power supply voltages, especially the plus and minus used by analog sections. You should find a +/- 12 volt and/or +/- 15 volt supplies. These power the analog sections and if one is missing, the symptoms would be as described. This would be the case with the FS30 and similar models. If yours is different, please let me know the model and we can go from there.

If you have it open for inspection, check all the capacitors on the power supply - just a visual inspection. That may reveal problems with bulging or leaking capacitors, which are an easy and inexpensive fix.