MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

My Roland FP7 has a single key note that is

Customer Question

My Roland FP7 has a single key note that is overly-sensitive...as if the felt was not on the hammer head. How do I fix that?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Roland FP7?

And may I have the Full model # ***** that one?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Michael.
About 7 years.

Thank you for that information. Really you can replace the entire keyboard assembly.

Or you can be creative and open the unit and replace the felt with store bought felt sheets cut down to fit ;-)

Don't use Super glue, krazy glue!!! Only use a tiny drop of 5 min epoxy for this or contact cement.

Let me know if you just want to order the whole keyboard assembly and replace all the keys that way?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael.
Thanks, ***** ***** don't like your solution at all...especially after getting a second opinion.
I suspect you made very little (if any) research into the problem...(which has nothing to do with actual felt...I mentioned that only as a metaphor).
I do not expect to be charged.
Greg Page

Hi Greg, I have been fixing these for many years and I understand what you meant about the "felt feel".

But that is one way to solve this issue, especially if the key is still working. Also I did recommend replacing the key or the entire keyboard as possible solutions and what I recommended.

I will let Customer Service know about this so they put it through as a refund fro you. Please allow a few weeks for processing.

Thank you Greg and have a great weekend!

Tech Michael