Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a Yamaha np-30 grand piano and today some kids were

Customer Question

We have a Yamaha np-30 grand piano and today some kids were playing on it and now when the notes c and f are played together there is an odd repeating sound.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You could try the factory reset for this model - which is, to power On the device with the Select knob pressed in, until 'FACTORY RESET' shows on the screen.

Some of these units - a specific keyboard batch at a specific factory - had factory-recall type defects. Maybe you are only now hearing it and aware of it owing to some fear of the kids having damaged it and listening more carefully as a result?, but in any case, contacting Yamaha and asking if this might be a factory-produced defect and whether it might be covered by warranty repair terms, is a good idea in this sort of case.

Did you purchase the NP-30 in Australia, or from some other country? this determines what national branch of Yamaha you could contact about the matter.

Also you will need to know where nearest Yamaha-authorized repairer of this line of instruments is located. Please tell me your region - as indicated by post code or postal code, or by town/city and province/region. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks but there is no screen
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi just confirming that I am not going to be charged for the response as it gives a wrong answer. Can you pl confirm that there will be no charge thanks

It is not JustAnswer policy to charge for a wrong answer. I may confirm that, I think, though I have no power as a JustAnswer.com Expert, over billing, payments, and charges.

For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to

Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

I regret that my information source seems to have been wrong about that reset procedure.