Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a vintage Roland Discover 5m Orchestrator which I

Customer Question

I have a vintage Roland Discover 5m Orchestrator which I cherish. It has worked fine up until today. I have 650 midi files on s smart media card and all of them have worked fine except today when I attemp to open certain files I get a disk error message. Is this an interna smart card disc drive issue i.e. maybe that drive needs to be clean? Or do you suspect that the media file card is corrupted. These are some of my best files. Do you a dealer that could look at this. I am inStuart Florida near West palm beach. Any assistance on yThis would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. It's difficult to say whether it's the card or the drive at this point. If you have another card, insert it and see if you get the same error. If you do, then the drive is the problem, not the card. I want you to take your card to the music shop and have them see if they can pull up the info on the card. Then we'll be able to determine whether it's the card, or the card reader that has the problem. Take it to George's Music.

Address:*****Suite 2, West Palm Beach, FL 33404

Phone:(561)(###) ###-####/p>

Please tell me the results.