Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a jc77 that has been sitting in my garage last 2-3

Customer Question

I have a jc77 that has been sitting in my garage for the last 2-3 years, not being used. When I put it there it worked flawlessly. Today, I pulled it out to serve as a keyboard practice amp, plugged it in and turned it on, it lit up, but there was no output. I changed the input cable to one I know was good and still no output, even when touching the end of the cable (you know, BZZZZT). Any ideas as to what is wrong and is there anything
I can do before I have to take it to a repair tech?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the only easy user doable tries (if have not been done):

• • exercise the controls and switches a couple of times;
  • • or consider cleaning with plastic safe / non-staining DeoxIT DN5 or LPS 03116 Contact Cleaner or equivalent;
  • • if the version has an EFFECTS IN/OUT pair of jacks, exercise these by plugging in/out a couple of times;
  • • or use of patchcord/guitar-instrument cable to bridge the 2 jacks.

All others would be internal and would require access to and familiarity with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron