MusicTech14
MusicTech14, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience in service & support of music instruments
60974588

I just received a Yamaha DGX650B digital piano. The last

Customer Question

I just received a Yamaha DGX650B digital piano. The last treble octave does not work for any of the piano voices. Is there an easy way to have this fixed, like download some firmware updates that could replace corrupted data? If so how would I do this? Alternatively, where could I have it serviced? My zip code is 85295. I live in Gilbert, AZ.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MusicTech14 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

The first thing to try is initializing the backup data. This will clear any corrupt settings and restore them to the original factory settings. To perform the initialization you need to hold down the highest white key while turning on the keyboard. Continue holding down the key until you see a message in the top left of the display.

If the initialization procedure does not solve the issue then there is a likely a hardware problem. Most likely a bad connection between the CPU and the piano keyboard circuit. This should be a pretty basic repair for a qualified Yamaha authorized service center.

Here are the three closest Yamaha authorized service centers in your area:

Buchanan Music Corp.
714 E. Brown Rd., #101
Mesa AZ 85203
Tel(###) ###-####/p>

M-TRONIKS
41 W. MAIN
MESA AZ 85201
Tel(###) ###-####/p>

FIELD SERVICES AUDIO
4215 North 16th Street bldg. B
PHOENIX AZ 85016
Tel(###) ###-####/p>

I hope I have satisfactorily answered your question. Please let me know if you need any more information on this issue.