MusicTech14
MusicTech14, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience in service & support of music instruments
60974588

My pa 800 usb port is not working and i can instal the

Customer Question

Customer: hey my pa 800 usb port is not working and i can instal the softwear or anything so iam stuck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: there is 2 usb port right ? i formated the system now it dosent read any usbs so i can instal the system usbs *
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electronic Musical Instruments Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MusicTech14 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear that yo are having trouble with the PA800.

I will need a little more information in order to help you sort this out.

1. When you say you formatted it, did you load the "Pa800_Format.pkg" file or did you do a NAND format from the service menu?

2. Exactly what is actually happening now when you try to load the operating system? Does the PA800 give any error messages?

OK, since we seem to have missed each other I've written up the steps for reloading the system, along with some notes about the most common things that go wrong. Hopefully that will get you back up and running, but if it doesn't, knowing where you are getting hung up will give us a starting point to troubleshooting this further.

Go through these steps. If they solve the issue then please rate me positively. If they don't solve it, then please hold off on rating and post a response detailing where you are running into a problem. Please be as descriptive as possible.

1. The first step is to start the PA800 while holding down the "INTRO 1" button. This should make the PA800 start up in update mode. You should see a file selection screen with the title of "SYSTEM UPDATE".

Are you able to get this far?
  2. The touch panel almost always goes out of whack when doing these updates. So the next step is to calibrate the touch panel; or you will not be able to select the USB drive or files via the touch sreen. To calibrate the panel, press the GLOBAL button and follow the instructions on the screen.
  3. Assuming the calibration worked, you should be back in the update screen. Press the Device Select button. It is near the bottom of the screen to the left of the "Open" button, and looks like a little square containig an arrow pointing to the right. It will probably say "SSD-U" next to it. When you touch the arrow you should get a list of available drives, and it should include the USB drive you are trying to load from. Touch that drive to select it. Are you able to get this far?
  4. If you were able to select the correct drive, the screen should update to show the contents of the drive. Select the file named "Pa800_os_res_v202.pkg" Notice that the name of this file contains both "os" and "res". That indicates that it contains the Operating System AND the audio Resources needed to restore the PA800. If the file you downloaded and are trying to load has only "os" or only "res" in the name, then you have a regular update file, not a restore file, and you will need to download the correct file from https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/193/2509/
  5. If you have the correct file then touch the filename on the screen to select it, and then press the SELECT button. The PA800 should start installing the files and will notify you when it is done. Do not turn off the PA800 while the install is in progress.

I hope I have satisfactorily answered your question. Please let me know if you need any more information.