Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an Alesis 8.1, with a couple of keys that are not

Customer Question

Customer: I am Arni, and I have an Alesis 8.1, with a couple of keys that are not working.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Most of the keys work, but three of them, when you press it down, there is no sound.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electronic Musical Instruments Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually, I have it figured out. I will not need the service. I will use it again sometime.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Russell H, and Expert here at JustAnswer.com. I feel that your question deserves some sort of an answer, even if you have solved the problem yourself.

Often when a keyboard's keys do not sound, cleaning them out with compressed air blown between the keys is all that it needs for repair. (If not, other resources are available for key repair, of course.)

Thank you for trying JustAnswer.com. I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.

(No response required, thanks.)