Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have Windows 7 and I can't get my cassette pplayer to

Customer Question

I have Windows 7 and I can't get my cassette pplayer to upload music to ITunes. Can u help me?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm a sound engineer, I move tape to computer frequently. First, let's simplify, disconnect the USB cable. That will only cause problems. Click here. That is the cable you want to use. That goes from your headphone jack on the cassette player, and plug the other end into your computer's microphone input. There's no way to mess up that connection, that's why I recommend it. The cable is called 1/8" to 1/4" stereo, and it's available at most electronics stores.

I'll also share my program with you, it's very easy to use. Click here. Click the red record button, and it will start to record. Play your tape until the end. Use the left mouse button to drag over each individual song, one at a time. Right click, and choose to save selection as... You can name the song, click ok, and repeat for each song.

Give it a shot, and tell me if you have any trouble.