Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

YPP-50, the keys 't always play, but they all CAN produce

Customer Question

YPP-50, the keys don't always play, but they all
CAN produce sound. Probably needs cleaned. How do I get to the contact points? I'll be glad to pay if your advice is correct and accurate.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This video might be used as a vague guide: it shows that you might flip over the keyboard, then remove rubber or plastic nubbins that cover the case screws, then remove the case screws, and take off the whole bottom case as one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRlIv-KrDs

If you need more specific repair/disassembly instructions guidelines or diagrams, a Yamaha service manual for your specific model would be very helpful. Would you be interested in a choice of several sources for such a service manual? if so, let me know, and I will research and list such sources.