Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am having all kinds of cut problems with y sp300v. it just

Customer Question

hi I am having all kinds of cut problems with y sp300v. it just started today. the cut line is way off by at least an inch. I have tried to adjust print -cut line but it hasn't helped. Any ideas
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the problem genuinely isn't one with the software, or the driver settings as a whole - e.g. not an odd or excessive bottom margin setting interfering with the actual position of the VersaCAMM printer's executed cut-line - then you may have a problem with the feed rollers and/or the paper stock used.

Have you done a cleaning of the paper feed rollers lately? If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.