jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

I tried to ask a question about Kurzweil PC88mx. Entered my

Customer Question

Customer: I tried to ask a question about Kurzweil PC88mx. Entered my credit card for the deposit and my computer froze up. I needed to reboot and I was unable to save my question. do you have it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: PC88mx boots up but after playing chords all lights flash and then the keyboard reboots.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electronic Musical Instruments Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes. The owner just arrived.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Have you ever updated the firmware?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Firmware on the Kurzweil pc88mx? I don't think that is the issue. It seems like it was something loose or shorting out. We have gotten it to stay on but we aren't sure it will hold.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, that reply wasn't intended for you, it was a site error posting my interaction with another customer. I've opted out so another tech can assist you.

Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

i I am Tech Michael,.

I sent you this prior, please read and reply so I can help you with this ;-)

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Please send me the details about your issue with the Kurzweil keyboard.

How old it is and how it seemed to fail etc?

Thank you

Tech Michael