jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

We have a Kurzweil PC88mx that boots up but when playing the

Customer Question

Customer: We have a Kurzweil PC88mx that boots up but when playing the keyboard suddenly all the lights come on and it goes off, reboots and then continues this cycle. it seems to be playing the keyboard jars something loose and breaks connection. Any thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just that the keyboard won't stay booted up after playing some chords. It feels like something is caused to be loosened when physically playing a bit harder.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electronic Musical Instruments Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, i'm not the owner of the keyboard. He will be here shortly.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for requesting me. Sorry to hear you're having problems, over time solder joints can fracture and cause problems like this. It's hard to tell where the problem is without taking a look at the insides, do you have any electronics experience?