Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

There is no sound coming from my piano although the light

Customer Question

There is no sound coming from my piano although the light tells me there is electrical connection
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the piano.

Still, proposed preliminary tries (if applicable and if have not been done):

• • plug-in a pair of headphones (if jack is present) a number of times as in most models, there is a hidden speaker cutoff switch inside the headphone jack;
  • • exercise the different controls and switches;
  • • connect the piano to an external amplifier or active speaker if it has a provision for a LINE OUT jack(s).

The above are the only easy user doable attempts as all other checks would be with the use of a multi-meter.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried all the suggestions with no result
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Beverly,

As posted above; please "...re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the piano...."

And as this would now then be most likely an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?