Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an A-100 Hammond Organ. It is making weird

Customer Question

I have an A-100 Hammond Organ. It is making weird multi-sounds and not clear one note sounds. I have had it cleaned several years ago. I think that is the problem. Cal you do this or know of someone who can help me?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some notes will not come on true, the sound has varied tones, high and low pitches. Not on all keys, just the ones used the most. The manuals were cleaned approx. 15 - 20 years ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Call service myself at this time, but your request is still open to other Experts in this category, any of which may take it up instead.)

I don't think that being cleaned caused the problem, unless the cleaning was done with the wrong solvents or some similar inappropriate methodology.

It sounds to me as if simple aging has produced a serious defect in tone generation, whether it is by 'chips' or an integrated circuit, or by other means. Your Hammond will require a good repair specialist to look at it and determine the cause. If you will tell me your local zip code or town/city and state, I will look up listings and give you contact information for the nearest Hammon specialists to your location.