Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Hammond Elegante and there is not volume on the

Customer Question

I have a Hammond Elegante and there is not volume on the pedal..just steady low volume
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The first thing to try, when a foot pedal function completely fails to work at all, in an organ that old and of that vintage, etc., is to open the organ, clean out all the dust and dirt, and disconnect all removable connectors and clean both sides of them (e.g. with an old, but dry and clean, toothbrush, scrubbing them vigorously enough, and then wiping clean as necessary with a clean dry rag cloth of gentle texture but no tendency to snag wires and no tendency to shed lint...), the re-connect firmly and go on to the next connector (one at a time, so as not to mistakenly connect them back up wrong), and so forth.

And of course, check all the fixed connections (soldered connectors, etc.) for solid connections.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that before
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then you may have a different problem, one with the electronic components of this organ.

Do you have any electronics repair experience? if not, the repair would have to be given over to a good Hammond repair servicing pro in your region or nearby; if so, tell me your zip code or town/city and state, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34759
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thanks. I'm researching the needed information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you work before with Hammond Organ solid state ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have not gotten into the interior of a Hammond organ myself, to be honest, so I was thinking of giving you referral(s) to Hammond repair-service pros in your region.

But if you'd rather wait a while for a Hammon-experienced tech to instruct you in detail, just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help but I pass
Good evening !!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, I have Opted Out, opening the case to others.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did your best but I expect a technician of Hammond organs
Thanks so much
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, and I understand that. If you still would consider techs local to you, I can still provide listings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again but I will try to fix it my self because is a big and heavy organ..