Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How can i use speakers with broken headphone

Customer Question

how can i use speakers with broken headphone jack
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C55-A52220 my headphones broke off in the port and I am not able to remove the broken part out of the port.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about that... even if the broken-off part were removed with tweezers, it is quite possible that the jack is broken, from the strain of having a plug broken-off in it.

If you cannot find a speaker set with a USB jack input, you are out of luck, until you get a laptop tech to open the laptop up, unsolder the broken jack, and put in a new one that will make it work again (as well as checking the circuit board for cracks and hopefully testing it before handing it back to you as 'fixed'.)

Should I search for a speaker set with USB input? if so, let me know - such a search by me, at this point in the case, will cost you nothing extra in the way of JustAnswer.com charges, I assure you.