Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Gem G5 Organ Musicoder When the power goes on the

Customer Question

I have a Gem G5 Organ Musicoder When the power goes on the different beats go on but the top key board does not work.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try selecting a voice or timbre for the upper keyboard.

If it still does not work, trying a factory reset might be the next appropriate step - provided you back up every song etc. that you may have stored on the Musicorder, for a factory reset will erase the data stored on the Musicorder, most likely.

And if the factory reset does not help, then the Musicorder will need service-repair for the upper keyboard to work again.

Let me know what further details are needed, if any. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not think you understood my question I am not interested on the Musicoder I do not use it is. The upper keys that carry the melody, these are the ones that do not play. I do not even know what a timber is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I state the upper keys I am referring to the keys that are similar to the piano keys
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I stated upper case Ill explain the lower case plays the different rhythms the upper case plays piano organ etc Hopefully this will help explain what I meant
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that I am unable to offer Live Phone Call service at this time.

I understand that the lower keyboard or manual plays repeated figures. I do know the basic differences between keyboards, upper and lower, or manuals, upper and lower, and/or right-hand keys and left-hand keys (on 1-manual instruments.)

Again, I suggest that you you back up every song etc. that you may have stored on the instrument (if any), for a factory reset will erase the data stored on it, most likely.

If you need instructions as to how to do so, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do need instructions on how to back up every song.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I honestly don't know if this GEM organ has stored songs, or where it would store them. I also do not know how to do a reset, and cannot find information about doing so.

I have Opted Out of this case, opening it to other Experts, with the remark that this is a GEM (General Music) electric organ, with the upper keyboard of two non-functional. It will most likely need repair-servicing.

Depending upon where you are located, GEM organ repair may or may not be available. Galanti Electro Musical (the original full name of the GEM company) is a poorly served company.