Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

C-100 -- after tting the two selection button it chatters

Customer Question

c-100 -- after hitting the two selection button it chatters and then makes the selection and plays fine... this seems to happen after it plays a few records... and becomes more prevalent as more are played... hope you can help... thanks
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I presume you are asking about a Seeburg jukebox, model C100.

The selector arm may have a problem, if the selector arm is what is making the chattering noise. Look into the jukebox while the problem is occurring, to see if the selector arm is reciprocating (moving back and forth rapidly), and also to generally see where the moving parts are at the time of the chattering noise.

Let me know how old, and how well-maintained or well-restored and recently (or not!...) maintained your Seeburg is, also. And I will advise you further. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell,
Thank you for the reply. I will take a look at the selector tonight and let you know tomorrow.
I restored this machine and it works very well except for that machine gun noise when it goes to make a selection.
Thanks,
Dave
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let me know, at your convenience. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work about 12 hours a day and haven't had a chance to check out the juke box, but I will certainly let you know... thanks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That's fine. There is no hurry about getting back to me on this, though I would like to help with it eventually. Respond at your convenience. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell, I will get a chance this weekend to look at the juke box and see if your suggestions help... will get back to you as soon as I have some info... Thanks for your help, Dave
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

This weekend is fine, Dave. Take your time.