Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a Mackie DXB 200 mixing console and during the first

Customer Question

I have a Mackie DXB 200 mixing console and during the first 10 seconds or so, it says "no input signal, going to sleep". What is the cause? I replaced the video card already.Could it be the hard drive?
Thanks,
Mike Newman
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. No, that's not a hard drive issue. When it says it's going to sleep, it's because it's not receiving any video signal. Since you've replaced the video card, the problem is likely the monitor itself.

Test the monitor, on a computer, or try another monitor on your mixer, and tell me the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

The site requires that I charge a fee for phone calls. Were you able to test another monitor, or test your monitor on a computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not the monitor. I tried another monitor and had the same problem. This mixer has two built in monitors and they come on and show the "going to sleep" message. I will try a different hard drive and see what happens.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

If your operating system has crashed, then it would also display that signal, since it cannot boot. Do you see it try to boot when you power it on?

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Try this first:

http://www.augusto.audio/