Aric, Electronic Musical Instrument Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Do I need to connect a microphone to the TASCAM CD-RW900MK

Customer Question

Do I need to connect a microphone to the TASCAM CD-RW900MK II to record a speaker at a church event and if so, what type of microphone to u recommend?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The Tascam recorder is a line level recorder- meaning it does not have provisions to connect a microphone directly- and the microphone's output signal is not adequate for the recorder to be able to record from it.

What you would need in order to connect a microphone to this unit, is a small mixer- which boosts the microphone signal to line level and then any dynamic microphone which will pick up sound form multiple directions.

I am pulling up links to these devices right now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The small microphone mixer below will connect using it's "Line Out" connections to the "Line In" connections on the recorder.

http://www.parts-express.com/talent-mix-r-mini-portable-3-channel-mixer-with-usb-audio-interface--233-120

Then ANY microphone can be connected to the mixer for recording purposes. I am pulling up a link to one right now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

http://www.parts-express.com/talent-dm1-dynamic-microphone-with-cable-and-pouch--233-130

The one above is a cost effective microphone and will have decent quality, there are other units in all different price ranges that will work as well.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.