MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I own a DGX 640 since Feb. 2012. over the last month it has

Customer Question

I own a DGX 640 since Feb. 2012. over the last month it has started making a burpy noise when it is played loudly. The LCD screen also fades when this happens.
Is this fixable?
Also, my husband, an engineer by trade, took it apart last weekend and broke the connection between the 3-pedal port, so now I'm using the sustain only jack with a sustain pedal. :-(
Is this fixable?
I have owned Yamaha's since 1987 and am shocked that I am having problems with this after only 3 1/2 years. I am a private and group piano teacher, so I need my piano in good working order! I have a recital coming up on October 25th. Thanks for your help.
Cindy
********
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Cindy,

I'm sorry to hear of this trouble.

Unfortunately this one concerns the power supply inside the unit that powers different components at different voltages. So it requires some testing of the electronics to determine the exact component failing.

And electronic knowledge, tools and schematics.

The best thing to do in this case with this problem is to have a local music shop that makes repairs on these do this for you. The part I suspect that has failed is called an electrolytic capacitor and that is very inexpensive so the cost shouldn't be much to have this repaired;-)

This one is definitely worth the cost fo the repair.

If you don't know of a good shop near you for this service please let me know your state and town so I can see If I have a respectable shop near you for this.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day Cindy!

Tech Michael