Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Casio AP-60R and I love it. It has two problems

Customer Question

I have a Casio AP-60R and I love it.
It has two problems now:
1) The display is not showing the information. The words are dimmed and you can't see them.
2) When I turn it on or after a couple of minutes on, all lights start blinking and it makes a strange sound.
Please help.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The display being dim may signify a reduced power supply voltage.

That could also lead to the second odd behavior - the lower-than-specification voltage upsetting the control circuitry and inducing the 'panic' behavior you describe.

Do you have a voltmeter and do you know how to take measurements with it? and does the 'technical manual' show voltage levels expected at various points?

If so, testing those points is advisable. If you can, and do, let me know the results.

If you cannot so test the device, then would you consider sending it out, or taking it to a nearby servicing facility ? if so, let me know your local zip code, or town/city and state/region, and I will look up contact info and procedure info.