MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I have a Hammond organ Model L-122, serial nbr 60218 which

Customer Question

I have a Hammond organ Model L-122, serial nbr 60218 which my parents bought new in 1966.
I allowed a friend to oil it. When it made a hot oil smell and didn't quite generate sound I found they didn't know anything about oiling the organ. They used 3 in 1 oil. It also appears they put the oil in the wrong place on the generator. They used small cups on each side rather than the funnel openings on the top. They also used 3 in 1 oil for the motor but it was put in the proper place.
Is there a way to clean this? Is there someone in the San Antonio TX area that work on older tube organs?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that!

How much oil did they get in the work places? Any heavy amount?

Also please explain where the oil was placed.

This one is pretty important so I will offer you a phone call so we can discuss this in depth. I need a specific detail so I can help you with this technical issue.

Thanks

Tech Michael