MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

262 rhythm only plays downbeat sound on all beats instead of

Customer Question

thomas 262 rhythm only plays downbeat sound on all beats instead of just first and third
there is no other sound on second and forth beat
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Could you explain a little bit more what you mean by "downbeat sound"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on a four beat there are down beat on 1 and 3 upbeat on 2 and4 count 1234 the only sound is the same on all beats bass drum no snare on beats 3 and4 hope this helps don
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi good morning Don, different expert here.

I understand what you mean. Does the sound act this way every time or is this intermittent at all?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sound is always the same not intermittent

Thank you for that info.

This is unfortunately an electronic component failure on the main control board.

This will need to be serviced by an experienced technician. If you let me know your state and town I can check to see if there is a shop local to you I can recommend based on there ratings for cost and quality;-)

I wish I had better news for you on this but I know where the fault lies, and it requires either replacing the main board entirely or if you have specialized soldering equipment and experience in rework on printer circuit board I can help you do this if you do have that. Let me know on all this.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete and working as it should.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do you think the problem is on the boarddon

Hi Don, I suspect the EEPROM or RAM IC or one of its com lines because with the way your unit is acting up, missing an entire beat consistently thats all it ever is with this model.

I have repaired many of these.

The part is inexpensive if they shop changes out the IC they find at fault, but the whole board is more expensive for obvious reasons but easier to replace.

If the repair shop you choose has surface mount technology equipment they will go ahead and replace the IC only and have you back and running like new.

If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

Thank you you and have a great weekend.

Tech Michael

Please rate kindly it is the only way I am compensated for my time and expertise with you, there is no cost to you for rating kindly;-)

Hi, good afternoon, I didn't hear back form you, if you still need additional assistance please let me know?

Or please rate my service so we can close this out for you. No cost to rate kindly;-)

Thank you and have a great afternoon.

Tech Michael