Aric, Electronic Musical Instrument Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have recently bought a PSR -310

Customer Question

I have recently bought a PSR -310, on a 'if you don't like it bring it back' basis for £30.00. Whilst I can play the piano a bit I do not know much about electronic keyboards. My impression of this new arrival is that pressing the keys is noisey and that some of the high note and bass keys do not sound. My question is are these things mendable- at a modest cost or should I buy a new one and take this one back. Kind regards LeslieXXXXXXXX

PS The instrument is a Yamaha PSR-310

Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. In order to fix any dead or noisy keys on this, or any other electronic organ, the entire unit must be disassembled and the keypad removed, cleaned and or replaced as needed. This is somewhat laborious, as the inside circuit boards must all be removed to access underneath the keyboard. Average cost for this type of repair is in the £100-150 range if all that's needed is a good cleaning. For this price, you could buy a pristine condition, used Yamaha PSR-310 that doesn't need any work done to it. I would personally send this one back, unless you're looking to do the work yourself.If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.