Freddy M
Freddy M, Technician
Experience:  Been working with instruments for the last 10 years.
15852642

Ks 32 powers up but no digital display I suspect ram battery

Customer Question

Ks 32 powers up but no digital display
I suspect ram battery is dead and needs replacement
Saw someone online replace the lithium battery to 2 aa alkaline batteries which would help me since I am nervous to solder the battery to the mother board
Is that the only battery
Will the board still have the instrument memory stored if battery has been dead for 10 years
The unit was bought new For 1700 dollars, would love to get it working
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Freddy M replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
It would not save any personal changes it would be reset to factory settings and yes it is the only battery. You do not want to change it to alkaline they will not last very long, lithium is used because it lasts longer with a constant draw of power. It is a difference of 5-10 years and 1-3 months.
This is not easy to do and you will need to de solder the old one then solder the new one on. If you have never done this before I suggest having a local repair shop do it for you. It normally costs an hour at the shops labor rate. ($50-$75 is about average).
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your KS32.