MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

Recently I purchased an XDJ-R1 and still 't know half of

Customer Question

Good morning! Recently I purchased an XDJ-R1 and still don't know half of what this thing does (excuse my ignorance) so I was wondering if there was a comprehensive video that would help. But one of the reasons I bought it was so I wouldn't have to carry around a bunch of CDs anymore but still have the capability to play them. But try as I might, I cannot get my laptop to interface with the console. When I try to play something the unit does not recognize that a computer is hooked up (through the furnished cable) and when I try to play from the computer I get a message that there's a malfunction in the sound card or something. I could understand that on one level, but when I unplug the computer and try to play something it works perfectly! And just as an aside--why on earth did your engineers put only a 1/4" jack for the mike input?! I almost had a gig ruined when I went to plug in my mike for the first time never in a million years thinking there wouln't be an XLR input--fortunately I had an old mike that had a quarter-in jack--but geeze! For a thousand bucks I wasn't expecting THAT surprise! Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks so much, Bill
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bill, we aren't that company lol.

We are a team of experts here that help you solve your technical issues;-)

I would be happy to help because most companies wont .

We provide that to you.

As for your Pioneer system they are very good and also my favorite when it comes to anything related to my auto or home audio systems of choice.

I will help you with as many of your questions about this unit as I know it pretty well.

Let me know if that is ok with you?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Hi, I found this video it may help!

Please watch that and then ask me for anything else you may need.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Please rate my service to you kindly before you go, that way you can reach me anytime you need no additional cost, after you rate, just reply to this message any time to reach em;-)

Have a great day!

Please visit: https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AiZxRmxKsskQKsFwRJ0l5fGbvZx4?p=XDJ-R1+&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1