ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I bought the DP 32sd and there is a ss that's not in the

Customer Question

I bought the DP 32sd and there is a hiss that's not in the mix-down but once mastered the hiss appears.
I am using a Yamaha keyboard and running as line in, should I be running as Guitar?
I have been recording on the DP-03sd for about a year and never had this problem thru over 40 recordings and mastering, it was run thru as guitar on the 03?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
The hiss may be caused by floor noise from the recording - it can come up in mastering, especially when there is a need to add clarity or compression.
You will need to determine if there is any slight hiss in the original recording and is being amplified in the mastering process, or if the hiss is coming from part of the mastering process.
If it is in the mix, there may be a couple of channels that are contributing the noise that could be cleaned up prior to mastering.