Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I recently bought a Yamaha mixer MG10XU HOW DO I CONFIGURE

Customer Question

i recently bought a Yamaha mixer MG10XU HOW DO I CONFIGURE IT TO BROADCAST A RADIO SHOW ON BLOGTALKRADIO USING SKYPE?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm a sound engineer, I can help you. That board luckily has enough features to make this happen. The trick is to avoid a feedback loop, which is very tricky to do.

Connect your microphones, and other broadcast gear to channels 1-8. Connect the main outs to your computer's microphone input. Connect your speaker out on your computer to channels 9-10. Be sure the button near the 9-10 fader is set to MON, not st, so it will be pressed in.

Now you will be able to have a skype conversation. You won't use the USB configuration with this setup. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mike is connected. I dont see the computer input. The mixer is a yamaha mg10xu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my request?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT IS THE WAIT TIME ON THIS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel the telephone request. It took far too long for me to get a response.