Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have numerous files in the fat partition of my tascam

Customer Question

I have numerous files in the fat partition of my tascam dp-02cf and now I want to transfer one particular file to the #3 track of my selected song. But its saying my file is too big and wont let me import the file. What do I do?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If cleanout the fat partition and export just the files I want from the pc will this erase the song as it exists?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Yes, clearing out all files from the partition will destroy data about the song you wish to assemble properly - that proper assembly would become impossible that way, I think. Or at any rate difficult.
So avoid clearing out files recklessly, and assess the situation RE the file in question that fails to Import.
What is the file that is to go into the track # ***** position in the song?
What is its File Type ?
What is its Size ?
And, can you read as to what Free Space the partition has listed for it?
Does the Track # ***** have a file already in the partition for it? if so, what name and what size is that file ? an important question for resolving this issue!
With that data, or even some of it, I can assess the situation in more detail and give you more detailed advice. So let me know, in Reply, please, and I will advise you further.
(Possible courses:
- identify all files, esp. the largest ones, and 'needed to keep' or 'not needed and can be deleted'
- identify the current Track # ***** file, and remove it only, freeing some space, perhaps enough.
- identify some other problem that causes the Import operation to fail. )