Freddy M
Freddy M, Technician
Experience:  Been working with instruments for the last 10 years.
15852642

I have a Korg keyboard piano and it stopped making any

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Korg keyboard piano and it stopped making any sounds one day
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Freddy M replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model Korg is it? Do any of the keys making any sound?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Korg Concert Piano C-35. No keys work. It makes zero sounds.
Expert:  Freddy M replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** actually a common problem on that model. Over time some of the capacitors go bad and need to be replaced. I did not make this video, but the caps referred to in this video are what normally needs to be replaced to fix this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5quEzghNKlE
Some screws may be covered by some square tabs that need to be removed to get into the boards. Any smaller electronics repair shop that does solder work should be able to do this. Larger shops will refuse to do this type of repair.
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Korg.
.